What You'll Do
reacHIRE is proud to partner with Wayfair for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in March 2020 designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career. reacHIRE reviews applications for the Wayfair program on a rolling basis with a deadline to submit your application of January 31st, 2020.
On behalf of our client, reacHIRE is seeking a Transportation Planning professional to join the Central Planning team. This team handles the high impact, cross functional task of planning all First Mile and Middle Mile truckloads in the North America Region. The team plans the fast growing (40% YoY) transportation network with a weekly spend of ~$2.6M. Transportation logistics is the backbone of Wayfair's Large Parcel (LP) network, collaborating closely with S&OP forecasting team upstream and supplier operations and field operations teams downstream. A reliable and an effective transportation network is an enabler for both speed and cost optimization for the entire LP network. High visibility and intellectually challenging work are some of the other perks of this rock star team.
- Review, analyze and provide insights for performance analytics for the LP supply chain working to understand best practices and identify root cause inefficiencies.
- Work with the team to create a daily dispatch/loadout plan for the Wayfair Ops team to ensure timely movement of merchandise.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, and carrier partners to analyze current needs and pain points to help develop transportation plans.
- Lead planning, analytics, and forecasting for the LP network through data-driven analysis and big data extraction, transformation and analysis utilizing SQL/R software applications.
- Present data analytics findings to help drive business strategy and optimize planning processes.
- Identify and define leading indicators on business problems, come up with out of the box solutions to be tested and implemented across the Large Parcel network.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years experience in logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, operations or management consulting preferred.
- Ability to work with large and complex data sets to draw/summarize conclusions.
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver with a track record of developing process improvements and KPIs that translated to cost savings.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Experience with SQL and MS Excel preferred.
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies like Wayfair. Through customized programs tailored to a company's unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Wayfair, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate differences, and know that unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Wayfair values and relies on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.