What You'll Do
reacHIRE is proud to partner with Wayfair for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in March 2020 designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career. reacHIRE reviews applications for the Wayfair program on a rolling basis with a deadline to submit your application of January 31st, 2020.
On behalf of our client, reacHIRE is seeking a Transportation Dispatch Operations professional to join the supply chain operations group, overseeing the North American Transportation team at Wayfair. This team manages supplier and customer freight throughout their distribution network. This team manages a complex portfolio of small and large parcel shipments from Wayfair’s supplier's warehouses to the customer's home, all while managing cost and speed. As a team, they are deeply passionate about operations and look for like-minded individuals who care about precise execution, process improvement, and improving customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional working with partners in warehousing, S&OP, product, and engineering.
- Execute daily transportation plans in order to meet on-time delivery to our warehouses.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to provide updates on transportation execution and proactively raise issues as they arise.
- Work with your team to be effective problem solvers with the ability to quickly identify problems, understand root cause, and implement scalable solutions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to improve the labor efficiency or quality of your team.
- Create and update business metrics (KPIs) on a weekly basis that reflect the results of your team, provide insights and solutions on trends.
- Work with Wayfair's Operations Product team to scope new or improved tools or technology to enable scalability of your team.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) as necessary to structure the work of your team.
- 4+ years of experience in Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain - any prior work experience in warehousing, process improvement, operational planning, or manufacturing.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Engineering, or Economics.
- Experience in transportation or eCommerce is a plus but not required.
- Strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with moderate Excel skills to quickly draw conclusions from data and make recommendations on areas where processes can be streamlined.
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic approach to all that you do.
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies like Wayfair. Through customized programs tailored to a company's unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Wayfair, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate differences, and know that unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Wayfair values and relies on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.