What You'll Do
reacHIRE is proud to partner with Wayfair for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in March 2020 designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career. reacHIRE reviews applications for the Wayfair program on a rolling basis with a deadline to submit your application of January 31st, 2020.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join the Analytics team at Wayfair. The analytics team serves as a group of internal consultants and quantitative modeling experts who work closely with the general management of the operations team to tackle a full range of transportation, warehousing, and delivery challenges. The results of their findings influence strategic vision, guide technological and infrastructural investments, and improve the day-to-day efficiency of Wayfair’s complex and sophisticated global supply chain.
- Work to analyze fulfillment center efficiencies to develop process improvements and inventory controls.
- Translate high-level business problems into concrete work streams that can be answered using data-driven modeling and analysis.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and implement initiatives that streamline processes to improve the supply chain network.
- Work with large and complex datasets to build decision-support tools which will help to guide business decisions.
- Strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills with the ability to present insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and ability to continuously improve business and analysis processes to keep pace with the rapid growth and scale of Wayfair’s operations.
- An advanced degree in industrial engineering, operations research, computer science, economics, statistics, mathematics or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus is preferred.
- Experience in analytics within the transportation, supply chain, or logistics industry preferred, familiarity with agile concepts desired.
- Some experience writing scripts in Python, R, or other languages used for processing large volume of data.
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies like Wayfair. Through customized programs tailored to a company's unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Wayfair, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate differences, and know that unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Wayfair values and relies on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.