What You'll Do
reacHIRE is proud to partner with Wayfair for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in March 2020 designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career. reacHIRE reviews applications for the Wayfair program on a rolling basis with a deadline to submit your application of January 31st, 2020.
On behalf of our client, reacHIRE is seeking a Procurement Strategy professional to develop the vision and roadmap to enable Wayfair’s Strategic Procurement team to make smarter spend decisions. In this role, you will partner with stakeholders across the business to help drive insights around where and how different teams are utilizing their budgets and identify new ways of working. You will equip people across the business with the capabilities and confidence to engage with external companies and negotiate successful spend outcomes. You will lead change management, drive innovation in how the company buys from third-parties and support the adoption of these new ways of working. You will also establish KPIs for the organization to help track the effectiveness of their approach to buying.
Ultimately, you will lead the way in setting the tone for Wayfair’s ownership culture across the company, driving awareness and understanding through a host of communications and initiatives. This fast-paced, strategic team is driving the transformational approach to how Wayfairians spend as the business scales.
- Enhance category management and strategic sourcing tools and processes to help senior leaders invest intelligently for the long-term.
- Own the end-to-end sourcing journey through market analysis, supplier selection, negotiation and onboarding, helping equip employees to maximize return on spend.
- Partner with Legal & Finance teams to improve contract strategy and effectiveness.
- Establish a vendor relationship management program creating a culture of collaboration with vendors to drive results.
- Drive a culture of spend ownership across all areas of the business.
- Develop and roll out change communication and training to drive process and strategy adoption.
- Mentor and develop team using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- 2+ year full time career break.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, banking or another quantitative or strategic field.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Prior experience in framework development, process reengineering and previously being part of a large scale transformation initiative at a previous company is beneficial.
- Appetite for solving business challenges, improving the customer experience, and driving bottom line results.
- Excellent people skills, including experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and developing and mentoring teams.
- Creative, innovative and agile with the ability to think beyond traditional approaches.
- Confident self-starter with a positive attitude.
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies like Wayfair. Through customized programs tailored to a company's unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Wayfair, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate differences, and know that unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Wayfair values and relies on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.