What You'll Do
reacHIRE is proud to partner with Wayfair for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in March 2020. This program is designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
On behalf of our client, reacHIRE is seeking a Category Management professional to join the Merchandising & Retail team for North America. This team drives the overall strategy for the multitude of product categories that are offered across Wayfair’s channels of business and coach suppliers on how to grow their businesses on Wayfair’s site.
- Contribute to a category plan for a new product line for Wayfair Canada, working towards revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers focusing on promotional support.
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and for specific supplier partners.
- Advance catalog expansion: identify selection gaps, prioritize new item production, and identify target suppliers.
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams to drive change.
- Analyze and anticipate competitor marketing, selection, and pricing strategy.
- 2+ year full time career break.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 5+ years of experience in ecommerce, corporate retail, or management consulting preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prior relationship management skills beneficial.
- Ability to interface with internal stakeholders required.
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects with prior experience successfully navigating through challenges.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions.
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies like Wayfair. Through customized programs tailored to a company's unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Wayfair, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate differences, and know that unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Wayfair values and relies on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.