What you bring to the program:
On behalf of our client, a major telecommunications company, we are in search of Technical Support Engineers to join our return-to-work program at the company’s offices in the metro-Seattle area starting in late Oct/early Nov 2019. This is a paid, 6-month, returnship designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a career break. The program is built around a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills one needs to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
If accepted to the program, you will have the chance to work at one of the world’s most prestigious technology companies and ranked by Forbes and Fortune as one of the best employers for Women and Diversity candidates. In this program, you will work side-by-side with the best professionals in the industry doing real and meaningful work that directly impacts the Company’s business and its customers, all while sharpening your skills, acquiring experience in your areas of interest. You will also engage with senior leaders, receive mentorship, and connect with members of the Company’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). At the end of the program, candidates may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work, but this is not guaranteed.
About the role
The Technical Support Engineer is self-motivated and able to use independent judgement, learn and master new areas of understanding independently. Will accurately assess potential impact to customers, operations and escalation to next level. Will track common issues facing each product/service, understanding of the customer experience, acquire basic troubleshooting skills, will analyze and recommend improvements for automation/operational efficiencies
- Experience with program management
- Ability to work as a strong, effective, team player; commitment to results; solutions oriented
- Effective written/oral communication and attention to detail
- PC and Internet savvy, including MS Office with experience using Outlook
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and follow-through on tasks or projects
- Great service orientation; sense of urgency; high-level of personal integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering background or equivalent experience is a plus