What you bring to the role:
On behalf of our client, T-Mobile, we are in search of two Senior Project Managers or Project Managers to join our return-to-work program at their offices in the metro-Seattle area starting in November 2019. This is a paid, 6-month, returnship designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a career break. The program is built around a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills one needs to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
If accepted to the program with T-Mobile, you will have the chance to work at one of the world’s most prestigious technology companies and ranked by Forbes and Fortune as one of the best employers for Women and Diversity candidates. In this program, you will work side-by-side with the best professionals in the industry doing real and meaningful work that directly impacts the Company’s business and its customers, all while sharpening your skills, acquiring experience in your areas of interest. You will also engage with senior leaders, receive mentorship, and connect with members of the Company’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). At the end of the program, candidates may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work, but this is not guaranteed.
About the Role:
There are two PM roles at T-Mobile: one in Cyber Security and the other in the Data Center space. Both are considering returners coming in at either a PM or Sr. PM level, depending on experience and fit.
The first PM position will focus on Data Center exit initiatives and/or resilience projects. In this role, communication and ability to present to senior executives will be a major determining factor in hiring and leveling. In addition, someone who has a big picture view, and can be a liaison with technical team members is needed. Enterprise experience will also be helpful as the projects at large in scope.
The second PM position is in Cyber Security. While Cyber Security experience is not required, candidates should have a background in computing and be comfortable tackling projects in this space. Executive presence/business IQ is key in this role as well as communication skills and the ability to form relationships with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- 5+ years industry experience as a Program or Project Manager, preferably in technology
- Ability to independently lead complex technical cross-functional projects from inception to closeout
- Manage risks and exceptions, anticipate and address changes, communicate status to the project teams, management and other impacted teams.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a dependable business leader; problem solving skills a must
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Ability to credibly coordinate among multiple technical teams and business stakeholders using strong interpersonal skills
- Project Management certification (PMP, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Experience working on projects in a wireless/IT industry in one or more of the following areas: Packet core, IMS, IP, VOIP, 4G LTE, VoLTE, or 5G services
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.