On behalf of our client, American Tower Corporation, we are in search of a Senior Project Analyst to join their IT team located in Woburn, MA. This individual will be primarily responsible for all financial and resource management and analyses within the Company’s U.S. Tower division’s IT department.
American Tower Corporation is a Fortune 500, S&P 500 and Forbes Global 2000 company providing the infrastructure for modern digital communications. Their current global portfolio now includes over 170,000 owned or managed sites. With corporate headquarters located in Boston, MA, American Tower has operations throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. With rollout of new technologies in the wireless/telecommunications industry and the company experiencing rapid growth, this is an exciting field to be in!
- Lead the management of the IT budget, including capital and expense budget planning and tracking to analyze planned and actual spending for budget, project, and resource metrics
- Provide status and recommendations to mitigate risks and stay on time and budget.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis teams, providing them with ad hoc analyses, data sourcing, research, and financial and project reporting.
- Lead IT project accounting in Oracle, including project creation, time migration, purchase order creation, and invoice processing to the Accounting and Finance teams, ensuring correct coding for capital and expense allocations.
- Identify, articulate, and document opportunities for process improvements at both the detailed and executive summary levels.
- Lead the project-close activities by supporting Project Management staff with final budget to actual spend analyses, final project plans, project site archiving, and completed project reviews.
- Provide support to other Project Managers.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong business judgement and intellectual curiosity
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline required.
- 5+ years’ experience in finance or a related field required.
- 3+ years of data analysis, forecasting, budget management, and reporting experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in IT and/or a project/portfolio-oriented environment preferred but not required.
- Experience with SharePoint and resource scheduling tools preferred but not required.
- Experience utilizing an enterprise financial software platform (i.e., Oracle) preferred but not required.