On behalf of our client, Sarepta Therapeutics, we are in search of great candidates for their return-to-work program located in Cambridge, MA. It is a paid 6-month return-to-work program run in partnership with reacHIRE designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a voluntary career break. The program is designed for people who have taken a 2+ year career break and it is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a 1-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills one needs to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team his December. As a leading commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Sarepta Therapeutics is on a mission to discover and develop the unique and groundbreaking RNA-targeted therapeutics for the treatment of rare neuromuscular diseases.
The Senior Accountant who reports to Associate Director, Accounting, will oversee the day-to-day accounting activities, and will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The position requires a highly motivated individual with a proven track in both technical and operational accounting. This individual must possess a comprehensive knowledge and experience in month end close procedures, operations, internal controls, foreign currency issues, and analytics.
- Be an integral part in the global monthly, quarterly, annual financial close processes and assist the Associate Director in monitoring close progression and ensuring tasks are completed timely
- Ensure SOX compliance and assist in efforts to continuously drive cross-functional improvements associated with processes, take corrective measures to mitigate issues noted, and enhance process to prevent recurrence
- Provide management with financial reporting information and operational support
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for prepaids, insurance, benefit and equity related transactions to ensure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP and corporate accounting policy
- Partner with FP&A to review the existing accrual process and streamline the process to ensure we have completeness over all account and department
- Support the Tax department with pulling the files needed for tax provision/return preparation
- Support external audit activities and audit preparation as well as assist with Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls.
- Special projects as needed
- 6+ years of accounting-related work experience in public accounting and industry
- CPA preferred but not required
- 2+ year career gap
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related required
- Previous experience in the biotech industry is preferred
- Prior big 4 experience or familiarity with internal audit process a plus
- Prior experience with Oracle ERP strongly preferred, experience with Oracle fusion is a plus
- Excellent organization skills with strong ability to prioritize tasks and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced environment and lead complex initiatives