What you bring to the program:
On behalf of our client, Google, we are in search of candidates to join our engineering return-to-work program at the company’s offices in Cambridge MA. This Program will start in late October 2019 and is a paid 39-week skills refresher program designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a career break. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work at one of the world’s largest and most prestigious software companies, a company that is consistently ranked in Forbes as one of the best places to work.
We recruit candidates with a variety of different skills and backgrounds into a cohort and provide training and support throughout the experience. For this cohort we will be looking for software engineers who have taken a break and are looking to reboot their coding skills.
- You are a lifelong learner, always seeking to learn and apply new skills
- You are excited to tackle difficult business or technical problems and are comfortable dealing with situations where you have limited information
- You have a knack for analyzing requirements and processes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Career break of 2+ years
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading and synchronization
- Experience with large systems software and UNIX/Linux environments