What you bring to the program:
On behalf of our client, a major software company, we are in search of candidates to join our engineering refresher program at the company’s offices in Cambridge MA. This Program will start in late October 2019 and is a paid 39-week skills refresher program designed for professionals returning to the workforce after a career break. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work at one of the world’s largest and most prestigious software companies, a company that is consistently ranked in Forbes as one of the best places to work.
We recruit candidates with a variety of different skills and backgrounds into a cohort and provide training and support throughout the experience. For this cohort we will be looking for software engineers who have taken a break and are looking to reboot their coding skills.
- You are a lifelong learner, always seeking to learn and apply new skills
- You are excited to tackle difficult business or technical problems and are comfortable dealing with situations where you have limited information
- You have a knack for analyzing requirements and processes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Career break of 2+ years
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading and synchronization
- Experience with large systems software and UNIX/Linux environments